Prof. Shahid Azim Mirza
Prof. Shahid Azim Mirza is Head of Department and Professor of Ophthalmology at Jinnah Medical & Dental College in the department of Ophthalmology since June 2010. He has become one of the well-respected LASIK surgeons in the Karachi, Sindh area. Prof. Shahid Azim Mirza has devoted his career to developing corrective surgery procedures for the improvement of conditions such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. Prof. Shahid Azim Mirza has consistently been recognized as one of the Best Doctors in Pakistan and earned his medical degree at the Dow University of Health Sciences, Karachi, and completed his residency at the same institution. He then obtained fellowships at the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (CPSP). Prof. Shahid Azim Mirza is also elected as an honorable member of CPSP council. He has also selected for Executive Program for Visiting Consultants to Saudi Arabia from CPSP, he is also an educator and innovator in his field, in fact, he is considered by many to be the leading authority on this procedure in the world. Known as a global authority on refractive surgery, Prof. Shahid Azim Mirza has lectured in Asia, South America, and Europe. He is also a prominent speaker at eye society conventions and conferences in the US.
- College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan - FCPS, 2003
- Dow University of Health Sciences - Residency, 1997
- Dow University of Health Sciences - MBBS, 1994
- Efficacy of probing in young adult in nasolacrimal duct obstruction, published in December 2010
- A Comparative Result of Recurrent Pterygium Surgery, published in December 2010
- Use of eye drops during the Holy month of Ramdan, published in December 2010